Triple Head 2 Go BROKE!

Started by {FWE}Hooters-Adm, August 30, 2010, 09:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

I know that noman is just showing his additions to his arson but i have to put up some debatable info. I'm not trying to say i do not like his product or his additions. nor am i saying that this is a bad thing to purchase for your PC gaming endeavors as well. I like his setup and its cool to see someone else messing with 3 Monitors!

However, the information i have is debatable and i am respecting our new section that i partly developed on debatable information. The thing is this product is running around $299.99. This is EXPEnSIVE.

Affordable, Better Quality/Performance
Running Eyefinity which uses your ATI video card to do the same thing the Triple Head 2 Go will be better performance, less clutter, and the best all in one solution you will find at prices around $199.99 and even less depending on the card you purchase.

My Eyefinity Section (MORE InFO)
URL to Topic: http://www.fweclan.com/smf/index.php?topic=272.msg1676#msg1676

Card i recommend for Eyefinity for a great cost!

/\/ew.Com-->
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5830 100297L Video Card w/ ATI Eyefinity Technology
    /\/ew Egg.ca-->

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Quote from: {FWE}Hooters-Adm on August 30, 2010, 09:32:36 PM
I know that noman is just showing his additions to his arson but i have to put up some debatable info. I'm not trying to say i do not like his product or his additions. nor am i saying that this is a bad thing to purchase for your PC gaming endeavors as well. I like his setup and its cool to see someone else messing with 3 Monitors!

However, the information i have is debatable and i am respecting our new section that i partly developed on debatable information. The thing is this product is running around $299.99. This is EXPEnSIVE.

Affordable, Better Quality/Performance
Running Eyefinity which uses your ATI video card to do the same thing the Triple Head 2 Go will be better performance, less clutter, and the best all in one solution you will find at prices around $199.99 and even less depending on the card you purchase.

My Eyefinity Section (MORE InFO)
URL to Topic: http://www.fweclan.com/smf/index.php?topic=272.msg1676#msg1676

Card i recommend for Eyefinity for a great cost!

/\/ew Egg.Com-->
    /\/ew Egg.ca-->

One thing everybody has forgotten to mention is, When you run a nvidia card the only way to run three monitors as one in
a land scape display IS BY RUnIInG other hardware as ( triplehead2go)    http://www.fweclan.com/smf/index.php?topic=307.0

now on the ATI side of things you can just purchase the card and this feature is built into the card. http://www.fweclan.com/smf/index.php?topic=270.msg1666#msg1666

I have to say for Hotters and /\/oman  great work guys you both have given alot of information on nivida and ATI graphic cards running three monitors,now our viewers have the best of both worlds and all the research is done for them Good work guys in perfecting our information we project from with in our forums.   

cloudstrife465

{FWE}Neonzion

like i said either way is same price...

NVidia way:
Triple head 2 go = $200
3xmonitor = $600 (just an example)
GTX 460 = $180
total = $980

ATI 1st way:
2xmonitor = $400
Display port minitor = $400
5830 = $210
total = $1010

ATI 2cd way:
3xmonitor = $600
displayport to dvi adapter = $100
5830 = $210
total = $910 omg!!!

conclusions, ATI is USUALY more expensive... hahahahaha and gtx 460 is 10-20% better than 5830... it has amazing overclocking potential to beat the $300 5850.... even if the 5850 is overclock XD XD XD

=) owned

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Having an external device that renders your video coming out of your Nvidia card does not
even sound good  performance wise. Regardless, the price really should not even make a difference
here for a few dollars more or less.

You are not getting the point about this post. Having an external adapter is more clutter, performance
will be reduced, and costs more (depending on the products you are adding to your 3X monitor setup).

ATI first developed the technology built right into a video card without using some sort of after-market
external adapter for which only divides the signal reducing quality and performance. I would not buy this
just for that reason. No need to mention price after hearing this.

Furthermore, where in the hell is a triple
head to go for just 200.00.

Nice price gouging lol..  MeBigger

Conclusion, ATI is more expensive yes, only when you get a high quality product with capability of supporting
3x monitors with out some adapter. Oh, don't forget the Eyefinity can have a display --> VGA for only $25.00 on newegg.

I found that it was still cheaper than your misrepresenting chart below. Just go to google and look for prices and
please show me the proof that this is worth it and i will shutup. Still with ATI's handle on this technology i would
not blink an eye (haha get it EYE) about which is the best more affordable route to take.

Here is the link to this adapter once more since i have already posted it several times why stop now :  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815310003&cm_re=display_port_to_vga-_-15-310-003-_-Product

Brian Cowen

BTW.: I have also created an xorg.conf that might do 5040x2100 with six
displays (two TH2Gs with three 1650x1050 LCDs, each).
Because of lack of equipment, i couldn't yet try it out :-(
If somebody has two TH2G and six 1650x1050 LCDs laying
around, i would highly appreciate it if he could try out this setup!

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Quote from: Brian Cowen on November 30, 2010, 01:31:33 AM
BTW.: I have also created an xorg.conf that might do 5040x2100 with six
displays (two TH2Gs with three 1650x1050 LCDs, each).
Because of lack of equipment, i couldn't yet try it out :-(
If somebody has two TH2G and six 1650x1050 LCDs laying
around, i would highly appreciate it if he could try out this setup!
Hi I know the setup is possibles i have seen this type of setup,I dont think anyone has 6 LCDs laying around,but lets see what happens ya never know.