News:

The {FWE} Forums have been updated with a new look and feel, with new themes that are phone compatible, you can select your personal theme in the home page where it says theme select

Main Menu

Mozilla Fire Fox

Started by {FWE}Ontime-Adm, May 15, 2011, 01:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Recent issue since the latest up date , I have had redirects taking me to redirected links this is the first time i have had this issue , have not found a solution to the laptop but it seems to be fixed on the desktop , as i search and get a solution I will post  here. This seems to be a issue all through the internet

1. I have used several  Malware Scanners.
2. booted into Safe Mode during scans.
3. The best effect so far has been disabling all plugins and extensions. 

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Quote from: {FWE}Ontime-Adm on May 15, 2011, 01:46:44 PM
Recent issue since the latest up I have had redirects,taking me to redirected links this is the first time i have had this issue , have not found a solution to the laptop but it seems to be fixed on the desktop , as i search and get a solution I will post  here. This seems to be a issue all through the internet

After 3 days of downloading and scanning with several different Virus and Malware removal programs none of the most popular programs worked, my next step was to do a complete  Partition/Format/Install on 4 systems including a new laptop, 3 days of infections was very discouraging and time consuming, I am posting a link Please read carefully the instructions,and always back everything up before you run this program it is very powerful.

Link to combofix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Quote from: {FWE}Ontime-Adm on May 15, 2011, 04:50:55 PM
Quote from: {FWE}Ontime-Adm on May 15, 2011, 01:46:44 PM
Recent issue since the latest up I have had redirects,taking me to redirected links this is the first time i have had this issue , have not found a solution to the laptop but it seems to be fixed on the desktop , as i search and get a solution I will post  here. This seems to be a issue all through the internet

After 3 days of downloading and scanning with several different Virus and Malware removal programs none of the most popular programs worked, my next step was to do a complete  Partition/Format/Install on 4 systems including a new laptop, 3 days of infections was very discouraging and time consuming, I am posting a link Please read carefully the instructions,and always back everything up before you run this program it is very powerful.

Link to combofix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix
This has worked very good no more redirects,however I suggest you take a screen shot of your services running before you run the program, it has disabled a few of mine and did not restore them , all I did was restart them .