Any1 help with Internet Bandwith limitations on my home network?

Started by {FWE}Neonzion, July 25, 2010, 11:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Neonzion

Hey guys, idk if i should have posted this here but i need some help... Well i gave up wireless and just went with the long cable route... Unfortunately, the econemy has caused my to remain with my crappy slow internet... So i have 2 computers on a cheap, crappy, old router from dynex... haha.... Ok so the problem is, online games for example Crysis Wars requires a minimum continous and specific amount of bandwith at all times... Well the other computer hooked up to the network (my sister) watches 10000000000000000000000000 youtube videos and it lags the crap out of Crysis wars making my ping go up to 1500 (HAHAHAH) and i get kicked from FWE!!! Since there are a lot of server knowledgable (is that a word?) people on here, can any1 tell me of a program/software or a fix, some kind of setting at allows me to limit the bandwith of the other computer to say 15-25kbps? didnt find anything on my router menu so if any1 has some kind of software to help me I would apreciate it =)

GoodNight

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Quote from: {FWE}Neonzion on July 25, 2010, 11:44:10 PM
Hey guys, idk if i should have posted this here but i need some help... Well i gave up wireless and just went with the long cable route... Unfortunately, the econemy has caused my to remain with my crappy slow internet... So i have 2 computers on a cheap, crappy, old router from dynex... haha.... Ok so the problem is, online games for example Crysis Wars requires a minimum continous and specific amount of bandwith at all times... Well the other computer hooked up to the network (my sister) watches 10000000000000000000000000 youtube videos and it lags the crap out of Crysis wars making my ping go up to 1500 (HAHAHAH) and i get kicked from FWE!!! Since there are a lot of server knowledgable (is that a word?) people on here, can any1 tell me of a program/software or a fix, some kind of setting at allows me to limit the bandwith of the other computer to say 15-25kbps? didnt find anything on my router menu so if any1 has some kind of software to help me I would apreciate it =)

GoodNight
Hey  {FWE}Neonzion Here is a broad band booster that just might help maybe but how ever you are dealing with data that lags you.This might not help.I suggest follow this link and email these people  and see what you get .                                           
http://www.fweclan.com/smf/index.php?topic=245.0

{FWE}Neonzion

thanks ontime, yeah i saw u posted that... Looks tempting, $43 total on ebay brand new. Idk if it will fit into my budget since im already getting more ram and a lot bigger hard drive... I did find a program though called network limiter... people say its good but idk how to use it =P

thanks =)

cloudstrife465

{FWE}Ontime-Adm