News:

New Crysis 3 Images, Wallpaper added, Click On The Gallery Button Above.

Main Menu

Crysis 2 makes is to BestBuy Gamer front page

Started by {FWE}Renegade, November 24, 2010, 05:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Renegade

I was able to convert some of the article to text below. I was in BestBuy today getting a laptop bag and there is was at the front counter. The link Image of the front cover is below in PDF.

QuoteThe original Crysis had a lot going for it: a slew of force recon marines,
a bevy of awesome weapons and an amazing piece of kit, the vaunted Nanosuit.
Realizing that the Nanosuit had a ton of untapped potential, the team at Crytek upped the ante by making the suit more than just a cool piece of equipment.
This time around, your Nanosuit is in many ways a character in its own right.
With that in mind @GAMER recently
made the trek to Crytek's studio in Frankfurt, Germany to get some hands-on time with the game, now in its final stages of development, and meet the team behind this much-
anticipated sequel.
By now most gamers are aware of the basic storyline behind Crysis 2. There's an alien invasion and the game's protagonist, Alcatraz, along with a select group of other force recon marines, are forced to battle between two distinct enemies,
the aliens who've invaded Earth and the Cell, humanoid opponents who, like the force recon marines, are also battling the aliens.
Of course this is an oversimplification of the Crysis 2 story. Crytek actually hired veteran sci-fi author Richard Morgan to write the storyline. According to Morgan, "storytelling is about
humans." To that end he used Hurricane Katrina as somewhat of an inspiration for the story surrounding a now-devastated NYC. In a nutshell, he wanted the game, similar to the Hurricane Katrina story, to be "not just the catastrophe,
but what happened afterward_-human inability to cope with the situation. Additionally, Morgan's theory around game writing revolves around the player being forced to play catch-up. Simply put, you're dropped into a situation that's already in motion
and as the game progresses you begin to figure out why the Cell is shooting at you when they should be shooting at the aliens.
Additionally, since Crysis 2 is "all about the Nanosuit," the suit itself is in many ways also a character in the game. As the game progresses you'll come to realize that there's a mystery
surrounding the suit that's not unlike the mystery surrounding Cell. As the game progresses you'll learn more about both, and may be surprised by what you learn. The Stomp is a move that lets you kill a number of enemies.
In stealth mode, you can easily sneak up on those unsuspecting enemies.

http://www.mediafire.com/?e0weo7657y62jhg

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Very cool! I read this and it sounds like the game will kick ass.. I'm sure it will from what i've even seen in videos.. I am going to be glad to buy this sequal  bouncing