Memorable moments on the Free Weapons Enjoy (USA) Servers

Started by {FWE}Ontime-Adm, December 27, 2012, 06:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

In 2013 we will start posting Memorable moments on the Free Weapons Enjoy (USA) Servers, we will be posting 1 to 3 moments a month, First of our first server Started in 2007, In Crysis, then we moved to Crysis Wars, then to Battlefield Bad company 2, BattleField 3, then Crysis 2, and plan on moving to Crysis 3,with that being said, we have also had several members that have been very dedicated to our servers and what we stand for, stay tuned for some interesting and fun times we will share.

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Chapter 1 of the  (Free Weapons Enjoy USA)

"As you read this, keep in mind I was not a gamer and I never played online"

Why and how did Free Weapons Enjoy (USA) Servers start           

When http://www.ea.com/crysis was first released  in (2007) I had played the single player and found it quite interesting, I was not really into playing games on the PC, however the graphics and the reality of Crysis had my attention, one thing led to another next thing I know I was attempting the multilayer online , this was a project in it self, once I finally connected to the Crysis servers online, another project was connecting to a server, ( keep in mind I never connected to a game server before ) so this was all new to me.

Now so far I had played a single player all the way through, fought with trying to get connected to a online game server, and finally connected, this was a learning experience for me,  I had felt I had such a learning experience and had gone a very long way, and now it is time to relax and play with other people around the world, ONE BIG LEAP FOR ME, (what I did not know was the disappointment I was headed for).

I had to have a name for my character I had chosen ( Ontime ) I had to find a server to play there were so many ,  a server called Bro's had caught my eye, I clicked on it and away I went (at this time I was pretty excited to finally enter a server, I was finally in-game and did not know what to do I was lost, just trying to get my character to do what I wanted it to do, I finally figured how to navigate through the maps that was it, it was a very slow process for me I felt, believe me I was defiantly one of the biggest NOOBS in Crysis at least that is what I was called several times again and again.

When I finally figured out how to chat, I had felt finally I could get some help, ( BOY WAS I WRONG ) so now I figured I was on my own, as I progressed, and watched, I was starting to get a good feel for the game, just to move around the map change weapons and die of course A LOT, I only played a couple hours a night maybe got 1 to 2 kills.

I played online maybe 3 weeks, with the struggle on how to play the game itself online, It was a very traumatizing experience for me online, along with the learning, there was all the insults from the other players not only directed toward me but to others, believe me it was not a pleasant experience, I had learned a lot up to this point, however I was ready to throw in the towel, this was a game  and it was not fun  ??.

Now that I had quit playing online ( such a disappointment it was ) I could not believe a game was so bad because of the environment that was created, I had ask myself could a pleasant environment be created, a environment where people could get help, where players could learn to play a easier way with out being called names and insulted during there learning process, and where everybody had the same tools and weapons (a fair chance for everyone) the real question was how to do this, knowing I would have to do this on my own with no help, I figured if there was a way I could do this ( UMM!! Maybe), SO THE RESEARCH BEGAN.

The first bit of research was on the Crysis disk, searching through the entire disk and combined research on the Internet (about 20 hours of research) I have figured how to get a basic server up and running (at least it appeared to be running how ever I could not find it online) ?? now more research on why I could not see it online, what I found was O M G!! (UDP TCP PORTS,HTTP,PROTOCOLS,ROUTERS, Visual C++ Redistributable,UDP,TCP)  after several hours of antagonizing research,
I had finally seen my server online, the server was just a basic server, during my research I had ran across  300 page manual on Crysis the game itself, I had went back to it and realized I had to print it out all 300 pages, O M G!!! going through this was never ending, and I was mind boggled ( WHAT DID ALL THIS MEAN), I had to enter every command in to the server to figure out what it did, (I mean all of it) another 10 hours of research, finally I had a server, that was what I wanted, this was a start a server where everybody had the same opportunity a evan playing field, this is where the name of the server was born, ( Free Weapons Enjoy USA) .