News:

The {FWE} Forums have been updated with a new look and feel, with new themes that are phone compatible, you can select your personal theme in the home page where it says theme select

Main Menu

pipi's home thearter

Started by {FWE}pipi-the-viking, August 02, 2010, 08:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}pipi-the-viking

Hi Hi guys! i am making myself a home theater and i am getting two more computer screens and i am wondering what is a good video card to get ?...
One that is good or great but not very very high priced. so i  mite get the same video card i have or if some one comes up with a better idea that would be great so
any ideas would be Awesome!  bouncing tanks guys!!! YouRock

cloudstrife465

yeh i wanna do that my self lols

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Pipy you need to get a video card that can support 2x Monitors. Otherwise you will have a giant paper weight monitor lol. ATI has nice cards for low price and bang for buck. 5000 series Radeons have some decent pricing so check it out.

{FWE}Neonzion

i dont really understand? will you have 2 or 3 monitors total? if 3 monitors i guess the 5000 series from ati is the way to go...

ok so im guessing 3 monitors... if so then what resolution.... if 2 monitors same question what resolutions will u play at....

how much money do you have???

for around $150 a 5770 can be had but, really you need a good graphics card for muliple monitors so why would you buy more monitors and a cheap graphics card?
the cheapest i would recomend for multiple monitors is a 5850... if not then a 5830 is in the middle and will perform nicely...

now if you are going to have only 2 monitors total then nvidia gets into the picture...
for less then $100 a used gtx 260 can be bought and will do good if not too high resolution...
a 5770 is great for 2 monitors also but not the best performing even though it is only about 3-5fps slower than a gtx 260...
for $200 a gtx 460 768mb can be bought, i own this guy and it rocks! it will definately be great for 2 monitors....
a 5850 will destroy 2 monitors easily at a medium/high res
a 5870 would be great but i dont recomend it.... its not THAT great.... the price isnt worth it... 5770 in cf beats it, 5830 cf craps on it, gtx 460 sli eats it for a snack

so yeah for u i recomend an ati 5850... =) any more questions feel free to ask

{FWE}pipi-the-viking

Quote from: {FWE}Hooters-Adm on August 02, 2010, 08:11:09 PM
Pipy you need to get a video card that can support 2x Monitors. Otherwise you will have a giant paper weight monitor lol. ATI has nice cards for low price and bang for buck. 5000 series Radeons have some decent pricing so check it out.
thanks hoots

{FWE}pipi-the-viking

Quote from: {FWE}Neonzion on August 03, 2010, 12:18:01 AM
i dont really understand? will you have 2 or 3 monitors total? if 3 monitors i guess the 5000 series from ati is the way to go...

ok so im guessing 3 monitors... if so then what resolution.... if 2 monitors same question what resolutions will u play at....

how much money do you have???

for around $150 a 5770 can be had but, really you need a good graphics card for muliple monitors so why would you buy more monitors and a cheap graphics card?
the cheapest i would recomend for multiple monitors is a 5850... if not then a 5830 is in the middle and will perform nicely...

now if you are going to have only 2 monitors total then nvidia gets into the picture...
for less then $100 a used gtx 260 can be bought and will do good if not too high resolution...
a 5770 is great for 2 monitors also but not the best performing even though it is only about 3-5fps slower than a gtx 260...
for $200 a gtx 460 768mb can be bought, i own this guy and it rocks! it will definately be great for 2 monitors....
a 5850 will destroy 2 monitors easily at a medium/high res
a 5870 would be great but i dont recomend it.... its not THAT great.... the price isnt worth it... 5770 in cf beats it, 5830 cf craps on it, gtx 460 sli eats it for a snack

so yeah for u i recomend an ati 5850... =) any more questions feel free to ask
thanks Neonzion ohy and ya i'll have alltogether

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

The graphics card i gave you a link to will play 3 Monitors no problem. It even says it supports Eyefinity. My older cards were even slower than the one i suggested and it will still handle the load. Its not a big task for the processing technology within these video cards. Some people tend to doubt that a "cheaper" card is not good. Well i'm here to tell you that a cheaper card from ATI will perform outstanding. ATI has been working toward up to 8 monitors for quite sometime this is nothing new. However, they have given the consumer the ability to use the cards rather than software.

I can assure you that ATI products such as the one i had linked you to will be more than enough for your endeavors. The only difference in getting that card is smaller Memory size, smaller chip size (still same speed increments), and slower clocks because the cards only take so much power at a smaller size. Otherwise it would overheat and not perform at all.

I hope this answers your questions. If you were to pay 500.00 for a 5870 like i did you would only be gaining fast clocks, more power consumption, and a small difference in FPS not much to make a difference in Crysis Wars. Maybe Crysis 2 will show some improvements with FPS for all cards. I find that currently Crysis has a lower FPS than most games but only because it's loaded with so much crap that nobody even uses.(Grapics AA to the max useless,laggy, horrible gaming experience).

cloudstrife465

hmm i wanna do a home system with multiple monitors like this

{FWE}Neonzion

hoots i highly doubt a 5770 can do 7680x1600 and max crysis out.... rofl.... thats my point.... altough you are right, ati has eyefinity for 3 monitors so i suggest u get an ati card but not a cheapo one... The absolute cheapest card i would recomend is a 5830 with eyefinity like: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102878&cm_re=5830-_-14-102-878-_-Product...

they are absolutely amazing for the price and I was 99% about to buy it until the gtx 460 came out for the same exact price and got 2-3fps more in games.... but it cant take 3 monitors so thats why i suggest a 5830 for you.... a 5770 will be too slow for 3 monitors, lol even with a 980x @ 4.0ghz and 24gb ram.... haha

if u have more money i suggest: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102884&cm_re=5850-_-14-102-884-_-Product

whats system do u have now??