News:

1/10/2024 Fweclans, new WebPage's are done and running, FWE GALLERY  and    MAIN ENTRY

Main Menu

Lazer Color Change

Started by Cyrix, December 17, 2009, 08:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyrix

Here is the file I promised you.. please consider the fact that some people cannot see certain colors as well and as you said other than being able to FINALLY see my lazer there is no other advantage to this. 

Well I can only send you part of this file as it is too big for the attachment.. ill send you the green color that I have if you like it and see nothing wrong with it I can send you the whole Zip of all the colors.... I looked and ALL files are the same except the colors.

Well Crap it seems I cannot upload this file type sooo lets come up with another way for me to get it to you perhaps email or something. I am not sure how you can look at this file type but still would like to get it to you so you can try it out and see for yourself.

Ketchup

so you have a different colour on your lazer? Well looks like there is a mod for it, or someone can just make a flow graph for the map which can change the lazer colour. :D

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

we have to look at this to see if there is a unfair advantage to who ever uses it.Hmm very good point some people cannot see it because of colors.this is worth looking into.at the same time i can see this being a big issue with players saying we are allowing scripting in the server so research is  needed for sure.in the mean time cyrix will give me the file so i can look at it.thnx for bringing this up cyrix. ;D

Cyrix

No problem Ontime... I will be on in about an hour or so... I have to run out and go do something but will be on around 6:30 -7:00 pm Pacific time.   :) 

cloudstrife465

but hows that possible to do a color change

{FWE}Blake-Adm

I've already done this awhile back and it was deemed unfair as the laser was much improved on the basis of visibility. Unfair advantage.

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Ya, i told them about this. I remember Blake  ???

Crysisxld banned ip spoofing

That would be freaking asome if we could change them to blue or green :D

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Quote from: {FWE}Blake on December 19, 2009, 12:01:48 PM
I've already done this awhile back and it was deemed unfair as the laser was much improved on the basis of visibility. Unfair advantage.
hmm i remember this also as i said we need to take a look at this.also blake your reasoning for using this was just to script it for fun.you never brought up the fact that some people cannot see colors.as this is a true statement cyrix has brought up.so i guess we will take a look at this and see what the enhancements are.this of course has not been allowed since we have had the servers.but also keep in mind we have to make changes as time goes by.as everybody already know there are so many scripters in crysis and they do use them to cheat do we catch them all noway.here is a thought as cyrix did he brought this up on his own it was not as if he had been caught with it.iam also sure if this is deemed harmless that it will cause issues all through out crysis for some.but however on the other hand we have caused issues throughout crysis with our setting since the beggining of crysis and what do you see our settings now to this day are being used by other servers all throughout crysis.so is it possible that we set pace for changes.

here some links on color vision deficiencies
http://colorvisiontesting.com/color2.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness#Classification_of_color_deficiencies
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2009/12/colorblind-modern-warfare-2/

{FWE}Noman-Adm

cool lets do it  :P im up 4 a pink one :-*

{FWE}Blake-Adm

sounds good, i have no problem with them, and noman, i'd be honored to make you a pink one  :P

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

I like the red one, but you guys have fun with your pink lasers   :-\ lolz

cloudstrife465

blake u need to give a more clear tutorial on ur visuals and audio tele portation i got the first parts but where it says i need a logic play something and logic anys and i dont understand tha part buddy