Laptop's/Laptop Accessories

Started by cloudstrife465, July 31, 2010, 05:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cloudstrife465

This Magma Box Can Be Used For Desktops And Laptops

An external graphics card is a great way to use a performance graphics card as a plug and play external device.

An external graphics card is a good solution if you own a laptop or other computer with limited space to install special components. If you're ready to upgrade your graphics card for better performance, consider an external graphics card. When you are on the go or working on other projects, the external graphics card does not need to be plugged in. When you get home and are ready to do some gaming, just plug in the external graphics card and enjoy the graphics!

When in use, a graphics card can eat up a lot of power. It grows warm quickly, drawing the attention of your cooling system away from the rest of your computer.

This can be a big drain on the system. Save power while you're not using the card by simply unplugging it when you're using less graphics-intensive programs, like word processors or internet browsers.

External graphics cards are not just for gamers with laptops.

They are often used by professionals for video editing or other high-end graphics work instead of installing this powerful graphics card directly into the desktop computer.

Most external graphics cards connect to your laptop or desktop computer using the PCI-Express card slot on your laptop, which is the successor to the commonly-used PCMCIA card slots. They are quite easy to unplug when you'd like to save energy and not make your computer work so hard. When you're ready to play games or work with graphics, just plug the card back into the slot and you'll be ready to go.

External graphics cards often cost around $100, making them an affordable upgrade if you notice poor performance from your preinstalled graphics card.

They're not for everyone, especially if you only use your laptop or desktop for surfing the internet or typing documents.

If you enjoy playing graphics-intensive games or working with large files of visual data, consider an external graphics card to balance performance with energy savings and the convenience of having better graphics when you need them without having to replace your computer components

Magma ExpressBox1 is an easy-to-use external expansion device for attaching a PCI Express® card to a laptop or desktop computer.

In a mobile environment, ExpressBox1 allows a user to combine the power of a desktop and the mobility of a laptop into a powerful, flexible, mobile workstation. For example, a user can turn a typical, middle-of-the-road laptop into a powerful gaming computer, a scientific computer, or an audio/video editing workstation simply by adding the right PCI Express card to ExpressBox1 and then connecting it to a laptop through an ExpressCard/34 module and cable.

In the desktop computers and servers, ExpressBox1 allows a user to move half-length, heat-generating, or power hungry PCI Express cards outside the computer by providing dedicated power and cooling in an external enclosure.  ExpressBox1 is ideal for attaching full-length PCI Express cards to low-profile computers that have limited space. The connection to the host computer is through a PCI Express host card and cable. 

Zero latency, 2000Mb/sec, Faster than USB and Firewire
Based on new PCI Express® technology, ExpressBox1 provides a zero latency connectivity solution with a theoretical maximum throughput of 2000Mb/sec (or 250 MB/sec) each direction... That's 2.5 times faster than Firewire 800 and 4.1 times the speed of USB 2.0!

Magma ExpressBox1 weighs only 2.8 pounds and supports single width cards up to 6.604 inches long (EB1H) or 12.83 inches (EB1F).

heres the website for this magma product http://www.magma.com/expressbox1.asp

Youtube Demonstration of The Magma Expressbox http://youtu.be/yIp3gHmAeGc

this box is pretty expensive for the small box its about $729.99

the large one for bigger graphics like the  nvidia 400 series or the ati 5800 series is about $749.99

cloudstrife465

Basically what this is saying is do you have a laptop and want to upgrade your graphics to a higher end graphic's externally for your laptop computer and also have more monitors attached to your laptop you can power this from your home desktop PC's power supply or a extra one you might have stored for a backup or AC/DC connection for mobile use.

ExpressCard External Graphics x16

This is a Express Card to connect your  PCIe  desktop To a laptop For High Performance Graphics. And add additional monitors to your laptop. This is a "do it yourself product"  and does require you to assemble  it. This is a kit that is new on the market and seems to be reasonably priced for its nature. You can power this by either a ATX power supply which is used in your normal desktop computer  or a AC/DC power connection.

PCIE External Graphics Board Website
http://harmonicinversion.com/products/format/PC.html?page=shop.product_details&category_id=1&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=191

cloudstrife465

i really wana get that external graphics board

{FWE}Neonzion

hey ever heard of the ati xgp?? looks good too

{FWE}Neonzion

rofl nvm nvm!! the one you want is a lot better i think...

cloudstrife465

the xgp i dont think its out yet the magma box is pretty expensive but the grapics slot board is cheaper attully in the long run all u really need to buy would be a powersupply and grapics card thats about it lolz

cloudstrife465

Quote from: CloudStrife on July 31, 2010, 07:30:26 PM
Basically what this is saying is do you have a laptop and want to upgrade your graphics to a higher end graphic's externally for your laptop computer and also have more monitors attached to your laptop you can power this from your home desktop PC's power supply or a extra one you might have stored for a backup or AC/DC connection for mobile use.

ExpressCard External Graphics x16

This is a Express Card to connect your  PCIe  desktop To a laptop For High Performance Graphics. And add additional monitors to your laptop. This is a "do it yourself product"  and does require you to assemble  it. This is a kit that is new on the market and seems to be reasonably priced for its nature. You can power this by either a ATX power supply which is used in your normal desktop computer  or a AC/DC power connection.

PCIE External Graphics Board Website
http://harmonicinversion.com/products/format/PC.html?page=shop.product_details&category_id=1&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=191

I Bought This Today I will recieve it during the week

cloudstrife465

the new vidock 3,vidock 4, and the vidock 4 plus is out now

heres the link check it out guys this new model looks awesome now the new ones can hold up to 2 wide graphics cards

http://www.villageinstruments.com/tiki-index.php?page=ViDock

cloudstrife465

the external graphics card is now on its way i shall have it in a few days im so happy i cant wait till i make a video and put pics up

cloudstrife465

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/Cloud_Strife_Engaged/IMG_0842800x600.jpg

k guys on the first pic u see is the graphics board the ati 3450 512 mb video card and under it is my old ATX 300 watt psu that i had laying around

cloudstrife465

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/Cloud_Strife_Engaged/IMG_0843800x600.jpg

this image has the express card 54 wow i didnt think it would be that small the mini hdmi connector the atx power switch board and a 4 pin commenter nice ehh i havent fully tested it im waiting on a keyboard and mouse to fully test this baby

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Quote from: CloudStrife on August 28, 2010, 09:24:01 AM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/Cloud_Strife_Engaged/IMG_0843800x600.jpg

this image has the express card 54 wow i didnt think it would be that small the mini hdmi connector the atx power switch board and a 4 pin commenter nice ehh i havent fully tested it im waiting on a keyboard and mouse to fully test this baby
This is pretty nice, to get a full understanding a external Graphic Card for desktops and laptops.