News:

The {FWE} Forums have been updated with a new look and feel, with new themes that are phone compatible, you can select your personal theme in the home page where it says theme select

Main Menu

Adding visual and audio effects to teleports.

Started by {FWE}Blake-Adm, November 06, 2009, 06:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Blake-Adm

Adding visual effects to a teleport.
In order for these instructions to make sense, use this flowgraph as a template.

And

And

And

After your flowgraph looks exactly like the one above, modify it by doing this:

Porta A erea: [leave] -> A logic close
Gate B: [out] -> A logic close
Porta B erea: [leave] -> closed logic B
Gate A: [out] -> closed logic B

And then:
- 2 - Teleportation

1) We need two "entity: getPos" that you assigned to your areatrigger.
Connect the "out" of the gate on a "Get" areatriggerB (teleport worm B), and "out" of the gate B on "Get" areatriggerA (teleporteB worm).

2) And add the node to teleport located in "Entity" -> BeamEntity.
It also adds a "localPlayer" two "Logic: Any" and "delay".
Connect the "Pos" two "getPos" on one of logic (it will be the new position to give the player)
Connect the "Out" both A and Gate B on the other logic (it will trigger our teleportation or beam)
Then, you need to start by  making two Any Logic, one for home effects and one for the reset effect. Both are needed in this case. Use this below as a guide:

1.)A link on the home Effect:
A Porta-area [Enter]
Porta-B area [Enter]

A link to reset Effect:
Open-TimeDelay Beam To B [Out]
A closed-Logic [Out]
Beam-TimeDelay To Open A [Out]
Closed B-Logic [Out]

2.) Next create a loop to repeat (delay = 0.1) with a gate to allow the reset
Start effect on [open] the gate, and reset to [close], then the gate (1 = Closed).

3.) Then there is a meter that has a pulse input for 100ms every 3s where it will be need to be reset.
Connect the "Out of the loop on any [in] the" counter ", and [out] to reset the logic on [Reset] the counter.
I will only be using three visual effects but the sky's the limit!

Adding Audio

All you have to do to add an audio affect is add a play sound, connect the [Play] with any logic Beam, and with the input entity localplayer, choose a sound. Sorry no pics for this part. Sorry if this isnt perfect, you do need prior flowgraph knowledge!

cloudstrife465

Crysisxld banned ip spoofing

Wow lol never been on this topic i dont think cool job with the pictures, IF CLOUD ONLY HAD TIME TO READ IT ahahahahhahaah :D

Ketchup

Nice man, ur good with flow graphs. I just started getting a little better at them. Good work man!

cloudstrife465

i ddi the two first part but wats the the one with the logic close thingg i dont get it can u make a video or givve pictures of it

Ketchup

are these teleports gonna work like ones in Ruins Multiversion? I thought it has something to do with gravity volumes.

cloudstrife465

cloudstrife465

2) And add the node to teleport located in "Entity" -> BeamEntity.
It also adds a "localPlayer" two "Logic: Any" and "delay".
Connect the "Pos" two "getPos" on one of logic (it will be the new position to give the player)
Connect the "Out" both A and Gate B on the other logic (it will trigger our teleportation or beam)

Then, you need to start by  making two Any Logic, one for home effects and one for the reset effect. Both are needed in this case. Use this below as a guide:

1.)A link on the home Effect:
A Porta-area [Enter]
Porta-B area [Enter]

A link to reset Effect:
Open-TimeDelay Beam To B [Out]
A closed-Logic [Out]
Beam-TimeDelay To Open A [Out]
Closed B-Logic [Out]

2.) Next create a loop to repeat (delay = 0.1) with a gate to allow the reset
Start effect on [open] the gate, and reset to [close], then the gate (1 = Closed).

i need help with this part i dont get it give a better explanation or a picture to it blake lol

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

OMFG this flow graph looks like a DFD lol.. Database will haunt me forever!  :o

cloudstrife465

I KNOW UR ONLINE BLAKE LOL JUST TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS