News:

The {FWE} Forums have been updated with a new look and feel, with new themes that are phone compatible, you can select your personal theme in the home page where it says theme select

Main Menu

Ram heatsinks (ramsinks)/cooler for my GTX 460 to overclock

Started by {FWE}Neonzion, August 10, 2010, 09:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Neonzion

Hey guys anyone using heatsinks (nonstock) or anyone even using an aftermarket cooler? If you are please tell me what you are using and your temps =)

thanks

im asking because 60c load on my gtx 460 is too much for my taste =) also my gtx 460 has no ram heatsinks which i think is causing artifacts

WhiteDragon

Hey neon,
   60c is not hot at all for that card. If you are seeing artifacts it is not because of the temps. If you have the card overclocked faster than the specs at purchase that would be my guess as to why you have artifacts. If you bought an OC'd card and have not OC'd it any further than I would say do an exchange. Are you seeing artifacts in game? Just remember that OC'ing any GPU is a crap shoot. They don't all OC the same.   Shoot   If I can help in any way please let me know. Did you get an EVGA? Where did you purchase it from?

{FWE}Neonzion

Quote from: WhiteDragon on August 10, 2010, 09:56:03 PM
Hey neon,
   60c is not hot at all for that card. If you are seeing artifacts it is not because of the temps. If you have the card overclocked faster than the specs at purchase that would be my guess as to why you have artifacts. If you bought an OC'd card and have not OC'd it any further than I would say do an exchange. Are you seeing artifacts in game? Just remember that OC'ing any GPU is a crap shoot. They don't all OC the same.   Shoot   If I can help in any way please let me know. Did you get an EVGA? Where did you purchase it from?

yeah im overclocking it... yeah its from EVGA... My old card could do double its stock (no kidding!) but with volt change and no artifacts... this sucks dude!! argh! i thought that artifacts only happened with heat... i mean yeah it shouldnt be artifacting at 60c...  smash

i think its my graphics card ram because it didnt have any ram heatsinks... ima get some to tell u guys what happened if any1 of u r thinking of doing this....

{FWE}Neonzion

ok well i borrowed 4 ram sinks from a friend that had them left over but the gtx 460 has 6 memory chips.... btw reapplied the stock thermal paste with some Artic Silver 5 and that lowered my temps 4c on load temps =) im happy i did that! well im going to use 4 memory ram sinks and see what happens... =) boooooom!