News:

The {FWE} Forums have been updated with a new look and feel, with new themes that are phone compatible, you can select your personal theme in the home page where it says theme select

Main Menu

Re: ATI Eyefinity *What you need* 3 monitor setup

Started by {FWE}Neonzion, August 10, 2010, 09:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Neonzion

pipi no!!!!!!!!! dont buy that graphics card it wont be able to handle 3 monitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102873&cm_re=5770-_-14-102-873-_-Product
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102898&cm_re=5770-_-14-102-898-_-Product

dude hoots u have to agree with me!!! dont buy a 5750!!!!! stay away from it as far as possible!! hoots why didnt u tell him b4! its the same price! the 5770 destroys the 5750.... rofl dude a 5750 cant even play at 2400x600 haha get a 5770 and you cant go wrong... really man 3 monitors is a little to much for any card unless its $400 or more but hey its your weeding money =) btw y do u want 3 monitors?

a 5750 isnt enough.... a 5770 isnt enough either even though its a lot better than a 5750.... a 5830 still isnt quite enough even though its way better than a 5750 or 5770... a 5850 can handle it nicely but fps will be be around 25fps.... good luck i hope u change your mind

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Quote from: {FWE}Neonzion on August 10, 2010, 09:36:09 PM
pipi no!!!!!!!!! dont buy that graphics card it wont be able to handle 3 monitors!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102873&cm_re=5770-_-14-102-873-_-Product
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102898&cm_re=5770-_-14-102-898-_-Product

dude hoots u have to agree with me!!! dont buy a 5750!!!!! stay away from it as far as possible!! hoots why didnt u tell him b4! its the same price! the 5770 destroys the 5750.... rofl dude a 5750 cant even play at 2400x600 haha get a 5770 and you cant go wrong... really man 3 monitors is a little to much for any card unless its $400 or more but hey its your weeding money =) btw y do u want 3 monitors?

a 5750 isnt enough.... a 5770 isnt enough either even though its a lot better than a 5750.... a 5830 still isnt quite enough even though its way better than a 5750 or 5770... a 5850 can handle it nicely but fps will be be around 25fps.... good luck i hope u change your mind

Neon we have to move this post. We are trying to keep debatable information in sections of the forum that best represent posts such as yours. Furthermore, i do agree with you 5750 is probably not the better choice. I have already stated this to Pipy as well. The link you have given him for the sapphire is the same card i recommended to him on a different occasion.  Statements such as "3 monitors is a little much for any card" is a debatable statement. For courtesy of the topic on "eyefinity" and information regarding monitors we are not having posts that discuss ones opinions under a helping topic. This helps reduce the confusion for guests needing help under our hardware information and help guidelines.

{FWE}Neonzion

haha ok MR.HOOTS. like i said yeah its fine at 2400x600 but idk why he would choose a 5750 over a 5770 if its the same price... no actualy the 5770 is cheaper... i would say the 5770 is an actualy a really nice card and overclocks like a beast but i highly recomend you buy ram heatsinks for these cheap cards... a 5750 will not, i say again WILL NOT even max any games out at 1920x1080. The 5770 will be able to in the ~20fps... man how much are those monitors going to cost you! if i were you i would get 2 22in to save money and you will not even notice the difference... the money saved from the monitors can be used for a 5830 which can easily do the job for you.

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Nobody said pipy was going to buy a 5750. These are cards we have all been discussing for possible use. I had given him several ATI cards to look at.

Actually i'm a little amazed that an Nvidia card user has so much knowledge of how each and every card performs with ATI and the FPS it will put out with games. Not to mention the resolution that the card is only going to get in games, and how the cards all of the sudden need ram heat sinks because out of the box it's not going to perform with its very own Vapor-X cooling on the stock card from Sapphire. Hm.. Neon i'm disappointed in this type of talk in our forums. Read the reviews and research the cards before you come and start saying that the cards need this and that or perform this and that. Think a bit more about those who actually use this product and do not have any problems with it. I for one have used ATI for years now and never had any problems with high end games. Site your sources that provide this BS of info that you post and will see how reliable of a source that is in the first place. No need for mumbo jumbo here. We are serious nerds in FWE and like to get straight honest information that is not from faulty sources. I for one post information based on what i have done with my own equipment. If i post specs or any info on what it can do in a game its because i have tested it or found a reliable source of information that proves so.

Also, those who purchase the 5750's seem to be very happy with their purchases. From what i've read they play some pretty stressful games with that little bad boy. People read this information and thats why we had to move the posts and create a new section. To much opinion was being put into our important discussions ruining the main point of our services rendered in that topic. Opinions only matter if the information is truly correct. I for one disagree with all the info you have posted because 1920x1080 is only one of many resolutions these cards can handle from low-end 5850 to high-end 5970.

Even assuming the 5850 was using Crysis, it would still perform around 60 FPS at worst. My older 4850 ran the game just fine with 2x 26" Monitors at 1920x1200 and it had worse specs than the 5750. I could put out 140FPS with graphics lowered. I still play the game on low settings. NO CARD will max that game out without any noticeable hiccups. There are to many objects in CryMod for any card to handle hence the beauty in the game.

Again people don't need to be reading information that is misleading. My cards have ran from 60-70C in the past. Guess what never had one fail, and my graphics were awesome. Graphics cards run hot! For the millionth time. Especially ATI. They have ran hot every since i got my first one in 2005. I put very expensive Zalmon heat sinks on my 4850's and the difference was not noticeable in performance however temp went down a 3-4C which is pointless. Waste your time and money on heat sinks. I'd rather buy water cooling if i'm going to get crazy with cooling it down.

Not everyone is out to max the games. Looking and ATI's lower end cards, we already know that the cards are not made for MAX settings or major system stress. Cost and efficiency is what we are aiming toward when someone Pipy's age comes to ask for help on a budget. I would not give him false info. The 5870 sapphire will do fine with 1,2, or 3 monitors. Any size up to 26" because i have tested a crappier card with more stress than that. The card even states it can run Eyefinity on three monitors on the companies site with the cards features and specs.

Now if this message where still under its primary helping location under monitors, it would have lost all purpose of helping those setup 3 monitor Eyefinity. Instead they would be sifting through these annoying messages of how this and that card is better or how this card sucks. Again i'm disappointed in this childish behavior and how persistent  judging  ATI products and also at the same time trying to say which is better than the other becomes number one goal here. It does not really make since to have someone who does not even use this hardware or research to really provide help for it. Especially when they are bias to the product in the first place. I never post any information under Nvidia topics because i for one know nothing of their products anymore.