News:

New Crysis 3 Images, Wallpaper added, Click On The Gallery Button Above.

Main Menu

I need a new pc!

Started by {FWE}Neonzion, February 12, 2010, 07:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Neonzion

Hey guys i havent been on anything with fwe lately.... not even playing wars..... cuz i sold my pc and im stuck with a pc from 03   :o

My old pc had
e5200
960gso (overclocked faster than 8800gt)

it was good.... for 2007  :P

im recieving 800-1500 dollars  :D

is a gtx 260 good, or should i go with an ati card, OR should i wait until nvidia releases new cards???

enuf on gpu now on cpu, should i buy a 775 cpu or 1156 cpu, i was thinking on g6950 if i only get 800 dollars but if i get more which i5 should i get... thanks guys!!!
last question, should i buy from newegg, tigerdiect online or tigerdirect store since i live near 1

thanks

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

First off, i do not buy Nvidia products do too over priced name brand and less performance against ATI cards in the same bracket. The ATI 5870 series offers better quality, performance, and price than any Nvidia product within the same bracket of specs. The 5870 has eyefinity allowing you to have up to 8 monitors with quad crossfire or 3 with one card all supporting the same resolution. No its not extended desktop... i repeat... SAME RESOLUTION! Amazing! It does not matter what 5870 series you buy either.

As for the CPU i again have the same feelings for Intel. They do have highest clocked processors on the market. However, the price for quality within AMD is amazing. I have Phenom 995 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103674. This processor works wonders for me. I have it overclocked to 3.7GHz stable. This is on air with 9500 Zalmon heatsink fan.

All i can say on a budget like yours you can get these products and make your PC bad ass. I would not waste my time or money with the over price Intel/Nvidia products. By the way i do have money to spend on the overpriced items you seem to be eying. I am just not like the rest of the brain washed shoppers that think the higher price is better.

Hope this helps

{FWE}Neonzion

0.0! amd is cheap!!! :o
i never looked at thee products...... cuz i have been using intel since 2002..... i never ever used an amd cuz i dont understand ther naming and for some reason they have low cache.... the phenom that hooters sent me was real cheap.... hey hoots 5870 is good but if i only get 800 then its past my budget as i also need to buy speakers... i might get the phenom 996 that u sent me, but what do you think of a 5770 or 5850.... thanks hooters for he reply btw.....

another question for u guys..... how bout speakers, i need speakers! what should i get...... x540 or g51, i only know stuff from logitech maybe u guys can recomend me fo speakers in the sub $150 thanks, it doesnt need to be 5.1, 2.1 is good too... hooters i saw ur sick picture of the dual monitors, what speakers are those...

{FWE}Mercer

this isnt gonna be as helpful as hoots' reply but...

GET SOME HUGE ASS SPEAKERS :D

:P
Doesn't understand the point of signatures

- Mercer

{FWE}Neonzion

Quote from: {FWE}Mercer on February 13, 2010, 01:51:36 PM
this isnt gonna be as helpful as hoots' reply but...

GET SOME HUGE ASS SPEAKERS :D

:P

hell yeah mercer lol!

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Quote from: {FWE}Neonzion on February 13, 2010, 01:33:14 PM
0.0! amd is cheap!!! :o
i never looked at thee products...... cuz i have been using intel since 2002..... i never ever used an amd cuz i dont understand ther naming and for some reason they have low cache.... the phenom that hooters sent me was real cheap.... hey hoots 5870 is good but if i only get 800 then its past my budget as i also need to buy speakers... i might get the phenom 996 that u sent me, but what do you think of a 5770 or 5850.... thanks hooters for he reply btw.....

another question for u guys..... how bout speakers, i need speakers! what should i get...... x540 or g51, i only know stuff from logitech maybe u guys can recomend me fo speakers in the sub $150 thanks, it doesnt need to be 5.1, 2.1 is good too... hooters i saw ur sick picture of the dual monitors, what speakers are those...

Yes they are lower cache but the bang for the buck makes it worth it. To be honest the performance is uncanny and i have never had any problems with any game yet :). Ya the Phenom i sent you was last years model. They have another one that is clocked at 3.4 stock with same specs like cache etc.

5770 is nice and so is 5850. They both also support the Eyefinity technology i mentioned and also support DirectX 11.0! Very sweet if you ask me :).

My speakers are from 2006. They are logitech 700Watt 2.1 system. It was just a quick fix for me and never bought anything else because they rock man. I only paid 150.00 for them. They are like Bose to me. Small but powerful speakers. You can find some good speakers cheap at Dell.com or newegg.com.

WhiteDragon

Hey HOOTS ~~ I am not brainwashed!!  LOL  Nvidia is best and always will be. Besides, who here has more than one monitor hooked up to their rig? Oh yeah, and as far as DX11 goes Nvidia will have that also in the next series. Each to their own but I have had many friends try ATI and go back to Nvidia. Have fun with whatever you choose.  :D

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Quote from: WhiteDragon on February 14, 2010, 09:21:04 PM
Hey HOOTS ~~ I am not brainwashed!!  LOL  Nvidia is best and always will be. Besides, who here has more than one monitor hooked up to their rig? Oh yeah, and as far as DX11 goes Nvidia will have that also in the next series. Each to their own but I have had many friends try ATI and go back to Nvidia. Have fun with whatever you choose.  :D
yea you tell him rofl

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Quote from: WhiteDragon on February 14, 2010, 09:21:04 PM

Oh, by the way. I was only implying "brainwashed" in the context of people who buy things that are over priced thinking they are better products. I was not implying Nvidia card purchases are "brainwashed". It was only to help Neon see that he does not need to put all his eggs in one basket at Newegg. The basket in this case is Nvidia high end cards that are > $400.

So dragon don't worry i was not knocking your precious Nvidia :P. I was only trying to help Neon with his budget because it is < $1000. He has enough to get high end ATI cards with that type of budget and the rest of the goodies and be done. I have 3 Monitors also dragon lol.. The more the merrier applies to more than just women man.. You of all people should know that.  :o

{FWE}Neonzion

hahahaha u guys are hilarious its like ati vs nvidia all over again... i personaly always used nvidia (cept back in 04 i had a 9200 se hahaha) the 5770 is dirt cheap, its between gts 250 an gtx 260 so not bad.... the 5850 is great but $100+ more than 5770.... i made up my mind tho, im not buying any graphics till summer..... lol i no i no integraded sucks, luckily i kept my 6800gt >:P just like nvidia i never bought anything but intel, so idk how amd is gana go, but the new am3 chips are tempting.... i am an overclocker cn u guys recomend me coolers fo (no professional water cooling) , 775, am3 or 1156? my speakers are x240 ad they good but not good enuf for me... im getting x540 to save money fo better parts on pc.... now i no u guys have always been anoyed by my mic, all that static.... please recomend my some good cheap usb headsets sub 30 dollars lol i dont have much to spend on headsets....

if i go with amd, can someone give me a nice am3 board.... i was on newegg the other day looking for am3 boards and boy are they ugly... lol i love things that look good and i usualy buy looks over price,quality, or perfomance, i need a nice black am3 board that overclocks...

i no ino im asking a lot but hopefully u guys can answer all of my questions becuase i wont be upgrading for 1-2 years.....

last questions.... anyone has a good sound card in there system??

Thanks a million

WhiteDragon

You take it from here Hoots :P I was only pulling your chain bro  ;D  Neon, I have 2 8800 Ultra's that came with my Dell purchase a while back. They look like the 8800 GTX's but they are Ultra's. They were made that way specifically for Dell. I will let you have them for $100.00 to help you out till summer if you want. They run a little warm when stressed so I don't know what kind of case you have but they need air  :D  They always ran around 80F ~ 85F when I played Crysis. Let me know either way. (Hey Hoots ~~ Nvidia #1  8))

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Neon you killing us lol.. The AM3 board i have is a MSI GD-70 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130223&cm_re=gd70-_-13-130-223-_-Product This bad boy rocks! Just read the specs. I wont say anymore. Also, Zalmon 9700 heat sink fan is wonderful product. I use it. keeps me at 38 Full load OC'd to 3.7 GHz on my Phenom.

This is the link to the Zalmon 9700: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835118019

I noticed you said you like OC'ing. If so then the Phenom's are perfect for you. You should take Dragons card for $100.00 so you can have better graphics than integrated. That is ridiculous. lol.. The MSI board i linked you to does not have integrated it has 4x PCI Express slots for head room in the future when u get 4x cards lol.

ATI Rocks! Nvidia = Rap / Crap

WhiteDragon

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

As they dig claws in deeper they strike with great force then they tire for the next round still grasping for there last breath they then strike with great weakness with the hope of dominating the graphics arena. the battle of the ATI and Nividia graphics cards continue who shall prevail