News:

1/10/2024 Fweclans, new WebPage's are done and running, FWE GALLERY  and    MAIN ENTRY

Main Menu

Fan. T_T

Started by {FWE}Pandemonium, June 13, 2010, 09:06:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Pandemonium

Ugh.... Guys, I probably won't be playing for a long while, My front fan on my computer died and my temperatures have sky rocketed, at idle my parts are as hot as if I were playing a game previously.

Reason why I say "long while" is because my fan is a 250mm fan, which are very expensive, and I just don't have the 32 dollars to replace it.

And yes, they do make fans that big. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835234003 

So..... i'll play if I'm ever able to replace the thing. which isn't likely since I can't get a job in this damn country type county.
I'm a big distracting target. =D

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Quote from: {FWE}Pandemonium on June 13, 2010, 09:06:48 AM
Ugh.... Guys, I probably won't be playing for a long while, My front fan on my computer died and my temperatures have sky rocketed, at idle my parts are as hot as if I were playing a game previously.

Reason why I say "long while" is because my fan is a 250mm fan, which are very expensive, and I just don't have the 32 dollars to replace it.

And yes, they do make fans that big. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835234003 

So..... i'll play if I'm ever able to replace the thing. which isn't likely since I can't get a job in this damn country type county.

omg  things will work out .hey this seems strange to me that one fan will cause this big of a issue.might i suggest that you pull your side covers of.check all the nicks and crannies for lint dust etc. take air blow the system out really good.another thing check your video card see if it has covers on it alot of times  dust lint gathers under them covers and causes over heating.on most video cards you can remove the covers with tiny screws  to clean them out so the air can kool them down.if you get on team speak i can maybe help assist you on a solution.

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Ya i have a huge fan on my case that does pretty much nothing. As long as there is enough airflow (case is blown out) you should be able to keep it at a decent temp. Taking the side panel alone will reduce the temperature without a fan. This is what i used to do with my old system because it was a mid range tower and it sucked pretty bad on airflow. If your parent have an air compressor just use it to blow out the case. The pressure is high but just keep back about 20" and you will get dust out. Do this outside or in the garage it will be messy. Getting the dust out of the case will be like adding another fan.

{FWE}Pandemonium

It's a VERY clean case. I just cleaned yesterday. I do it about twice a month. I'd do it more but canned air is expensive.
I'm a big distracting target. =D

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

If they don't have an air compressor yes the canned air is a waste of money. I agree. Hope to see you back soon man take care.