News:

The {FWE} Forums have been updated with a new look and feel, with new themes that are phone compatible, you can select your personal theme in the home page where it says theme select

Main Menu

Anyone use wireless to game?

Started by {FWE}Neonzion, June 23, 2010, 10:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Neonzion

Quote from: {FWE}Pandemonium on June 27, 2010, 01:04:39 AM
It id true wired is better, but also, I'm only two rooms away from my router and have 20Mbps  internet speed, so that may be why I don't notice packet loss or anything like that. xD
\

holy! 20mbps! thats uber fast rofl! hahaha idk what to do, so ill see how i can go about buying a 50ft ethernet cable and grab a jackhammer and smash sum walls to my rooms hahaha jk maybe i dont even how to drill if i can just neatly rout the cables around the corners of the house from the kitchen to my room ill be good... well i when on youtube and did an internet speed hack and my average speed looked like it went faster but when i went back to speedtest.net it went to .42mb  :o lol so im stupid...

{FWE}Pandemonium

Eh.... It's not as uber fast as you would think, it's only fast when I'm purely downloading. when I'm playing games i'm limited to 3-4Mbps because that's as fast as it can upload.
I'm a big distracting target. =D

{FWE}Neonzion

Thanks to everyone who has helped  ;D

I have nearly decided my route and im probably going to buy a 50ft cable from newegg for like $10 and route it through my house... im pretty sure this will be much easier and i dont have to spend time configuring a new router.... thanks to all again

:D

{FWE}pipi-the-viking

I use wireless it's cast and it don't lag but if some on is

on you will lag some but for Internet it's crazy fast upload

download so yeah  :P

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

This is good news.. You wont regret it unless you have cable tripping everyone in the household lol.. Make sure its hidden pretty nicely.

{FWE}Neonzion

haha  :P i can make traps with a cable that long  ;)

kk ty hoots ill make sure everyone trips on the cable  :D, haha jk im putting the cable through the attic...

btw any1 got a jackhammer i can borrow to make some holes  :P

cloudstrife465

i used to use wireless for gaming but it dont work to well anymore so i use my wire now