News:

The {FWE} Forums have been updated with a new look and feel, with new themes that are phone compatible, you can select your personal theme in the home page where it says theme select

Main Menu

Probably not the place for it but I've had no answers, PS3 problem

Started by {FWE}Pandemonium, October 01, 2010, 06:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Pandemonium

Alright, so I have an old 40GB model PS3 that is now mine since my Father is in prison, I wanted to send it to my GF as a B-day present but the optical drive doesn't work and Sony wants 150 bucks to fix it.

I asked around to find out from people if there was anyway I could make money, but no one wants me to do anything for them (at least not for money), I was wondering what you guys think I should do?

I've been to worried to open it up, but at the same time my warranty is up anyway.

The optical drive will accept the disc and then I will here a "click" and then nothing, no spinning no loading sign on the upper right, nothing. Just... silence.
I'm a big distracting target. =D

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

If there are any local repair shops for electronic devices i would rely on them since they deal with that type of stuff. If not that then i would check ebay for parts etc..

{FWE}Pandemonium

I finally found a little place quiet a distance from where I live, they wanted twice that, I could just buy a new PS3 for that much!

Gahhhh....
I'm a big distracting target. =D