News:

New Crysis 3 Images, Wallpaper added, Click On The Gallery Button Above.

Main Menu

Crysis 2 Demo Game Play Experience - Xbox

Started by {FWE}Renegade, January 27, 2011, 01:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Renegade

Hi everyone, I was able to get some game play on the Xbox demo release of Crysis 2 TIA. Technically PC players are not missing anything on the Xbox and you are going to gain a whole lot more.
As you enter the game there is no resemblance to the former Crysis. It is completely revamped. The sound affects and music introduction does get you hype. There is alot of what I call dark clayed or terminator tune like sound themes.
Took me a while to figure out the controls and what ability goes where. As far as on Xbox Cloak and Armor mode by default is the standard set abilities to the controller's trigger buttons. Speed and Strength modes are intergrated into the left and right analog sticks. Yes I got my you know what handed to me left and right. I believe alot of the players were using Keyboard and mouse to do the moves they were doing.
Here is whats new for us on all platforms. What would be called hacking on old Crysis is actually now part of the new Nanosuit abilites.

Strength mode is no longer standalone. It is interegrated in hand attacks and jump. The longer the hold on the button the greater the execution with limits,

In cloak mode, you can use speed mode, and strength abilites

In Armor mode, you can use speed mode, and stength abilities

Armor and Cloak do not combine

Combining these abilities does take a tole on your energy though.

You can graple wall ledges, and speed mode looks like how a vampire moves. FREEKY !

You cannot hear cloak anymore. The new Nanosuit is completely stealth. Shadows will give you away and abstract light reflection will also. However there is a custom class Nanosuit that can detect cloak by inferred in which you team players would find on their radar.

Run Sliding – a deadly and evasive move. Whoever perfects this ability will take lots of heads home. It's very hard to get an aim lock on someone perfoming this while sliding away, towards, or to the side of you. Naturally you will stop moving to try to get a better aim but that would be an error. Anyone with good eye movement / coordination with a mouse will own you all day. The counter move to a run slide is power jump while running.
Shooting someone in the back while they are running can hurt you extremely depending on the player you're attacking. If the player is running away from you and you are directly behind him shooting he can go into a slide and shoot in the reverse.

Graphics:

On the Xbox it was not all that great. Distructable objects have a limit to how much distruction you can do.  You can do a lot of damage to walls though.

The closer I looked it seems the true graphics in this game will be in 3D. The PC will with out doubt surpass the game consoles in graphics. Now, it was a demo so they may have reduced the graphics setting because the demo had to be downloaded.

What does FWE Clan need?

Being a clan you will have to work as a clan. You need a lead and you need to stick together. The solo stuff is out the window. Everyone cannot take the same class Nanosuit. A team with a variaty of Nanosuit custom classes will trumph a team that is only using one or two Nanosuit custom classes.
If you want to be the clan to out shine every other clan you must get rid of the solo mentality. One person's going off to do their own will put a whole team at stake.
You're going to need TS of course, and picking your lead who will say what need is and how to roll. I was stun by the leader ship with Xbox players and they held their ground. FWE clan should deligate the Nanosuit  custom class as starting point. Who is better at Sniping, Asualt etc

Nanosuit Combat Strategies:

Many of you who have played with or against me know how I play and what my strategies are. The new Nanosuit is just going to 3 fold those combat strategies due to the combo intergration.
I have expereinced some of you that only use one or two strategies, you going to have to raise this count. When engaged in front to front combat you're going to need Armor mode. I had the Xbox people going crazy because I wasn't falling on one or two shots. And I would take two or three of them to put me down even when I am horrible with anolog stick controll when it comes to FPS. Being that I couldn't aim shot to save my life I started punching people out forcing them to switch up their combat styles.

{FWE}Hooters-Adm

Hey Mr Nice post. I think you are as excited to get this game as we are  as a clan. Renegade you have always been a friend of mine and the clan you should consider joining someday. You've got skill to kick ass, but thats not we care about here. Its about friendship and thats already been established. So join the family.

Again, nice post. I like the details about the suit and sounds. I am a fan of having cool sounds in game. As for working together i'm sure i'll be out of that haha.. I run and gun. I do it in Battlefield and rape them bitches lol. The run slide looks like a new kick ass move nobody (game developers) has taken advantage of in a game yet. Anyway, take care man thanks for getting the hype even more hyped!

{FWE}Ontime-Adm

Quote from: Renegade on January 27, 2011, 01:57:03 PM
Hi everyone, I was able to get some game play on the Xbox demo release of Crysis 2 TIA. Technically PC players are not missing anything on the Xbox and you are going to gain a whole lot more.
As you enter the game there is no resemblance to the former Crysis. It is completely revamped. The sound affects and music introduction does get you hype. There is alot of what I call dark clayed or terminator tune like sound themes.
Took me a while to figure out the controls and what ability goes where. As far as on Xbox Cloak and Armor mode by default is the standard set abilities to the controller's trigger buttons. Speed and Strength modes are intergrated into the left and right analog sticks. Yes I got my you know what handed to me left and right. I believe alot of the players were using Keyboard and mouse to do the moves they were doing.
Here is whats new for us on all platforms. What would be called hacking on old Crysis is actually now part of the new Nanosuit abilites.

Strength mode is no longer standalone. It is interegrated in hand attacks and jump. The longer the hold on the button the greater the execution with limits,

In cloak mode, you can use speed mode, and strength abilites

In Armor mode, you can use speed mode, and stength abilities

Armor and Cloak do not combine

Combining these abilities does take a tole on your energy though.

You can graple wall ledges, and speed mode looks like how a vampire moves. FREEKY !

You cannot hear cloak anymore. The new Nanosuit is completely stealth. Shadows will give you away and abstract light reflection will also. However there is a custom class Nanosuit that can detect cloak by inferred in which you team players would find on their radar.

Run Sliding – a deadly and evasive move. Whoever perfects this ability will take lots of heads home. It's very hard to get an aim lock on someone perfoming this while sliding away, towards, or to the side of you. Naturally you will stop moving to try to get a better aim but that would be an error. Anyone with good eye movement / coordination with a mouse will own you all day. The counter move to a run slide is power jump while running.
Shooting someone in the back while they are running can hurt you extremely depending on the player you're attacking. If the player is running away from you and you are directly behind him shooting he can go into a slide and shoot in the reverse.

Graphics:

On the Xbox it was not all that great. Distructable objects have a limit to how much distruction you can do.  You can do a lot of damage to walls though.

The closer I looked it seems the true graphics in this game will be in 3D. The PC will with out doubt surpass the game consoles in graphics. Now, it was a demo so they may have reduced the graphics setting because the demo had to be downloaded.

What does FWE Clan need?

Being a clan you will have to work as a clan. You need a lead and you need to stick together. The solo stuff is out the window. Everyone cannot take the same class Nanosuit. A team with a variaty of Nanosuit custom classes will trumph a team that is only using one or two Nanosuit custom classes.
If you want to be the clan to out shine every other clan you must get rid of the solo mentality. One person's going off to do their own will put a whole team at stake.
You're going to need TS of course, and picking your lead who will say what need is and how to roll. I was stun by the leader ship with Xbox players and they held their ground. FWE clan should deligate the Nanosuit  custom class as starting point. Who is better at Sniping, Asualt etc

Nanosuit Combat Strategies:

Many of you who have played with or against me know how I play and what my strategies are. The new Nanosuit is just going to 3 fold those combat strategies due to the combo intergration.
I have expereinced some of you that only use one or two strategies, you going to have to raise this count. When engaged in front to front combat you're going to need Armor mode. I had the Xbox people going crazy because I wasn't falling on one or two shots. And I would take two or three of them to put me down even when I am horrible with anolog stick controll when it comes to FPS. Being that I couldn't aim shot to save my life I started punching people out forcing them to switch up their combat styles.

Very nice and  POWERFUL SUGGESTIONS and yes you should consider joining us.