News:

The {FWE} Forums have been updated with a new look and feel, with new themes that are phone compatible, you can select your personal theme in the home page where it says theme select

Main Menu

Creating a teleport

Started by {FWE}Blake-Adm, November 06, 2009, 05:53:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

{FWE}Blake-Adm

This ones for Cloud:  8)

How To Create a Teleport

1.Go to view and open your rollup bar.
2.Go to the ai tab then aitagpoint. Make sure that align to terrain is selected. Place the point where you want your teleport to be.
3.Then go to the misc tab, entity, trigger, and select a proximity trigger. Place the box around your tagpoint and adjust accordingly.
4. Then you need some sort of a visual. this can be anything from a door to a basket etc. This will give the effect that they teleported through that object.
5. Place the selected object within the proximity point's boundaries.
6.Open flowgraph. File, new.
6. Right click on the gray space where your flowgraph will go.
7.Go to add node, entity, getpos.
8. Now go back to your level where the proximity trigger is, click on it  and then go back to your flowgraph.
9. Right click, add selected entity.
10.Right click again, add node, entity ,beam entity.
11.Right click, add node, game, localplayer.
12.Arrange the boxes so that there is ample space between them.
13.Click entity id, drag the arrow to input entity.
14.Click enter and drag that arrow to beam.
15.Drag pos from the Entity:getpos to the option under beam, i believe its position, not quite sure.
16.Drag rotate from the Entity:getpos box to rotation.
17.Drag scale from the Entity:getpos to scale.
18.Once again, drag the flowgraph box away so that you are able to see your tagpoint in your level, click the tagpoint and right click your entity:getpos box and assign selected entity.
19.Now  go to file, save, name it teleport.xml and you're good to go!

Any questions, just shoot me a pm or catch me on xfire. ill post a video to go along with this guide once i get home.  O0

cloudstrife465

ive this so many times lol i want the star gate thing though it looks cool

Crysisxld banned ip spoofing

Just one question blake lol does the teleport work on a multiplayer map?  :-\

cloudstrife465

they should work i dont know why it shouldnt

Crysisxld banned ip spoofing

I have just completed a video tutorial on how to make a teleport in your map :D and will post it on youtube and give you the link as soon as i have time to do that :)