News:

New Crysis 3 Images, Wallpaper added, Click On The Gallery Button Above.

Main Menu

Questions About The Editor

Started by Crysisxld banned ip spoofing, November 19, 2009, 11:04:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crysisxld banned ip spoofing

Hey Blake or Achilles i was woundering if any of you know how to import a picture you want in the game so you can put it on a bill board in the game or anything like that cause im still working on how to do that but i was woudering if you guys might know. Thanks

{FWE}Blake-Adm

Go under misc, choose decal. Under global settings adjust projection accordingly.

cloudstrife465

just see what blake  has to say aye wheres my boxing ring :)

Thanks for the info blake ill try that as soon as im on the editor the next time :)

ACHILLES

ok first u have to make a couple files if you want everyone to see the decal ok. first u need to make a materials file in your map foldernext you will need to make an xml file to tell the game where to look for your decals. Ok next setting up your materials folder you need a DDS converter (i recomened PAINT.NET) very easy to use this will convert your file to a dds format you also need to make an mtl file ounce they have been made u need to place both files in your map materials folder. Then ounce all that is done you need to go into your editer selct decal from the misc section in your rollupbar ounce that is done make sure the decal is highlighted the open up the view tab got to pain view then material editer go the matrials tab at the top drop it down with the arrow on the right find all materials open that the go to levels ia and find your map open up the matetial file which u made and load the dds file to the decal. Now it should show up with the picture you wanted to use. (Note you may have to reposition the decal to where you want it )

{FWE}Blake-Adm

Quote from: -{oFc}-ACHILLES on November 27, 2009, 09:35:38 AM
ok first u have to make a couple files if you want everyone to see the decal ok. first u need to make a materials file in your map foldernext you will need to make an xml file to tell the game where to look for your decals. Ok next setting up your materials folder you need a DDS converter (i recomened PAINT.NET) very easy to use this will convert your file to a dds format you also need to make an mtl file ounce they have been made u need to place both files in your map materials folder. Then ounce all that is done you need to go into your editer selct decal from the misc section in your rollupbar ounce that is done make sure the decal is highlighted the open up the view tab got to pain view then material editer go the matrials tab at the top drop it down with the arrow on the right find all materials open that the go to levels ia and find your map open up the matetial file which u made and load the dds file to the decal. Now it should show up with the picture you wanted to use. (Note you may have to reposition the decal to where you want it )

Thanks for going into further depth but make sure that you also change the projection depending on where the decal is to be placed. 0-4 should be sufficient, experiment with what works best.

ACHILLES

Yes very true forgiot that part thanks blake lmao

Lol ill try my best guys  ;D even since i am on my computer alot latley but not the internet so much  :P

cloudstrife465

blake gots a question for ya wheres my  boxing ring lol